Olwazzi means solid rock in Luganda. The foundation of Olwazzi Ministires is the solid rock of God's word.


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

God With Us




I am hoping to introduce you to some of the people of Kamengo-ffunvu. I wish I had more time in December to spend getting to know them. I wish I knew more Luganda, so that I could talk with them without having to have an interpreter. I am forever grateful for getting to know the people that I did and look forward to getting to know more of them in the future.

While I was in Kamengo in December, we went for a walk through the village. Kamengo covers a large area and there are a lot of walking trails going this way and that. I would get hopelessly lost if I had to find my way. Something about Uganda messes with my sense of direction. We were walking through a part of the village that Godfrey was even unfamiliar with when we came upon this man and his family. We stopped so we could talk. There was lots of talking going on around me as we walked around their house. This family was lucky enough to have a cow, some goats, a pig, and chickens. This is not the norm for Kamengo. This family worked HARD. We went to look at his chicken house and Godfrey noticed they were not eating the correct feed. After asking several questions we found out that he had run out of feed. The store on the main road was also out of the correct feed. The closest place to get it was in Kampala and the price was much more than in Kamengo. So we bartered. Olwazzi gave him the money to buy a bag of feed and he will give us chickens when we get our chicken house built. We are also going to use him for advice on other agricultural projects. He used compost on his garden and it looked so nice.

I did not have money with me so we made arrangements to meet back at the car, about a mile back up the hill. We started to leave and I asked him what his name was. His name is Emmanuel. I asked Godfrey if he knew what the name Emmanuel meant. He did not and I told him that it means God with us. We walked around the village for another hour or so and when we got back to where the car was parked, there was Emmanuel waiting on us patiently. He had changed into his good shirt and was looking very handsome, so I took another picture of him.

The people of Kamengo are hard working. They desire to make a better life for themselves and their children. They just need a little help.



Please join us for prayer time tonight at 10:00pm CST. Please pray for upcoming projects, Pastor David, Godfrey and Tina Lwanga, Sunday School and Emmanuel and his family. Please pray that we will assess needs and meet them in the best way possible. Pray that God be glorified in all that we do.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment